This was the first Annual General Meeting of the WBRA. 60 people attended.
Some points from the AGM:
- The Committee was reduced to 6 plus Chair and Secretary.
- Mr Ken Dalzell was re-elected as Chair.
- Secretary: Mr Stan Calvert; Committee: Mr. M Hurn, Mark Edwards, Alistair McKay, C. H. Spidy, Dr. Shirtcliffe, C. Mackie.
- All members were asked to make a $5 contribution to fund the river works.
Some points from the Report:
- In 1974 concern about erosion of the western river bank led to the formation of the Association.
- The Committee were clear that they did not want the
character of the river as a desirable swimming and boating facility to be changed.
- The bridge was repaired.
- The area was cleaned up and rubbish bins were to be available over the holidays, but there would be no regular rubbish collection.
- A trial found the Fire Brigade could be on scene within 12 minutes of receiving a call.
- Tree planting was expected to go ahead.
- The Post Office promised a public call box.
- A 30 Kph speed limit was not possible but safety measures were to be instituted.