Committee Minutes – 07 April 2007

Held at 4 Cathryn Street on Saturday 7 April 2007

The committee met at 3.00 pm

Also present for first 50 minutes was Michael Cornell to present information on proposed sub-division of 44 half-acre sections off Strathnaver Drive. He answered questions from the committee and addressed some of our concerns. General discussion included issues related to water, effluent, road usage, safety, beach access.

The formal meeting commenced at 3.55 pm

Apologies: Helen Hewitson, Brendan Duffy.    Wyatt/Duncan 
             
Present: Cecily Archer, John Brown, Gary Drake, Liz Duncan, Graeme Hassell, John Hewitson, Lesley-Anne Walker, Joe Wilson, Erica Wyatt.

Minutes: Accepted as a true and accurate record.              Duncan/Walker          
Matters arising from the Minutes:
• There is still a huge rabbit problem. Pindone to be distributed.
• There has been no communication from Wendy at Neighbourhood Support.
• Lesley-Anne has the sign for the end of bridge and arrangements are underway for a board to attach it to.
• Jack has repaired the noticeboard. Erica to officially thank him for his efforts.
• The details of the website need to be discussed and finalised so it can go ahead.
• The Association has the $2,000 for the boat ramp. It was decided that it should be known as “Andy’s Ramp” as he would have made such frequent use if it.
• Christmas holiday activities were all successful. Specific age groups for sports day worked well.
• ‘Lock it or Lose it’ sign are now up.
• Barbed wire in ‘desert’ still a concern. Suggestion that the catchment Board be asked to deal with it.
• No word yet about the rubbish bin at the bridge.
• Broadband should be here by mid-April.
• Tranzit and Horowhenua District Council meeting –
o Summary of accidents on Main Road
o Speed limit and relevant signage to be put on bridge to reduce speed there
o Everything else is a ‘no-go’.
• Burglary in Sarah Street. Seen by a Neighbourhood Watch representative but not recognised for what was it was. Need to make residents aware that burglaries do happen here and everyone should be on the lookout for anything not normal and/or suspicious.
• John H reported that the Neighbourhood Support meeting was worth attending and gave some details of Police operations,

Correspondence:
 Inward:
• Council Draft Annual Plan – Kapiti green waste to be dumped in Horowhenua landfill and the use of the revenue from this.  Erica to write notifying the Council that we are not in favour of this proposal.
• Pritchard’s sub-division plan – application for resource consent expected to be mid-April. Information about this to go in newsletter. We need specific reasons to want to modify the plan.

Financial Report: No financial report this time.
  
Accounts passed for payment       
LCR – bins for clean-up day   $236.00
Graeme Hassell – ice for Boat Day  $  18.00
Liz Duncan – Sports Day incidentals  $201.30
         Brown/Walker

General Business:
• Erica to prepare submission on Cornell sub-division.
• Working Bee on ANZAC Day 9.00am at Entrance.

Michael Brown joined the meeting to discuss the proposed web site. He explained our options and opportunities. John Brown to be the Web ‘Captain’. Site should be operational in a month. Details of the subdivision to be included in information. The possibility of a Blog site for registered rate-payers was discussed. Michael will prepare a design for our approval.

Next meeting to be Saturday 2 June at 3.00pm at 24 Manga Pirau Street .
Following meetings 22 September and 8 December.
The meeting closed at 5.20 pm.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

*

Waikawa Beach or Manakau

New Zealand

Other