After a high tide or two, high winds at sea and fairly blowy on land, and a heap of rain, Waikawa Beach is wet. At around 8.30 am:
- The vehicle entrance terminates in a knee-high drop and the river is flowing south just past there.
- The river cut has been well and truly breached.
- The river by the footbridge is wide and muddy, with a strong current.
- Paddocks beside Waikawa Beach Road are flooded but apart from an occasional puddle at the edges the road is clear.
- The Strathnaver Drive puddle has returned.
- Some flooding beside Strathnaver Drive looks as though it could soon spill over, but then it looked like that all last winter without actually spilling.