How to report problems to Horowhenua District Council

Councillor Christine Mitchell has alerted us to a change for reporting issues to the Horowhenua District Council:

As of 1 October 2019 we are ceasing the use of our Mobile Alert application due to a historically low usage rate and as a continued cost saving measure. We will however continue to provide residents with the ability to report non-urgent issues to us using our Online Request Form.

Once lodged, we will process reported issues or requests. Alternatively, you can contact us via phone on (06) 366 0999, email to, or our Facebook page.

Our Online Request form will allow you to notify us via your phone or other smart device of any non-urgent issues or requests. The information sent to us will be contained in an email and can include:

  • text information provided by the sender — this is important to enable staff and contractors to identify any issues and respond to requests
  • a map locating the issue and GPS coordinates
  • a photo of the incident.

The emails are received by our Customer Experience team for processing through Council’s systems.

Ngā mihi

Sue Hori Te Pa

Governance and Executive Support Team Leader • Kaihautū Rangapū Tiripou Mahi Whakahaere, Mana Urungi

Note that the Council should respond with a Customer Reference number. You should keep that number so you can follow up if necessary (it often is necessary). It’s also useful if you can notify the WBRA about any issues you’ve alerted the Council to. The Love Waikawa Beach website has a Tickets page that tracks known issues.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Discover more from Waikawa Beach Ratepayers Association

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading