Horowhenua District Council recently set the fees and fine schedules for dogs and other animals for the coming financial year. Most fees have increased slightly over last year:
These fees and charges were adopted by Council at the 25 May 2021 meeting and will be effective from 1 July 2021.
Fees may be paid during July 2021.
- De-sexed Pet (Urban & Rural) (Class 3 & 17): $79.00
- Entire Pet (Urban & Rural) (Class 11 & 14): $132.00
- Failure to register dog: $300.00
- Failure to keep dog controlled or confined: $200.00
- Failure to keep dog under control: $200.00
- Failure to carry leash in public: $100.00.
More details: Animal Control – Fees & Charges – Horowhenua District Council.