As usual, WBRA has plenty of activities planned for the summer. See also the independent Wow Waikawa! summer photo event.
ALL WELCOME: you don’t have to be a member of the WBRA to join in. If you’re staying at Waikawa Beach then come and have some fun. Bring some cash too for the sausage sizzle and a drink.
Note on paying the annual $25 sub — we prefer you to pay online in October or November but if you intend to pay in person please bring cash. We can no longer accept cheques (because the banks won’t take them).
- Boat Day: Monday 27 December 2021, 3 pm at the footbridge.
- If the weather’s bad it’ll be on Sunday 02 January 2022 at 9 am (the time depends on tides). See some previous Boat Day photos.
The limit of people on the footbridge at any one time is 10 people.
- AGM: Tuesday 28 December 2021 at 3.00 pm
- Hank Edwards Reserve. Bring a chair. If wet, at Manakau Hall. A decision on weather will be made around 1 pm.
- Sports Day: Saturday 01 January 2022 at 4 pm
- At Hank Edwards Reserve. See some previous Sports Day photos.
- Sand Sculpture Day: Sunday 23 January 2022 (Anniversary Day)
- Start when you want to. Judging at 3 pm. Cross the bridge and turn left. See some previous Sand Sculpture Day photos.
- 18 Hole Golf, in the morning
- To be arranged. We need a good turnout so let us know as soon as possible if you’re interested. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Normally held at Ōtaki then back to Waikawa Beach for refreshments.
- Ambrose Golf, in the morning
- To be arranged. Email email@example.com as soon as possible to register your interest.
Download a printable copy for yourself: Summer activities 2021, colour. 700 KB PDF.