Weather & Water
- Waikawa Beach Weather: A private weather station at Waikawa which records and displays live weather data including a web cam. Has records from November 2008.
- Tidsespy: tides, wind, swell, best times for fishing.
- Tide times and charts for Waikawa Beach, and weather forecast for fishing in Waikawa Beach.
- River water quality: Horizons District Council web site.
- Swim spot data over summer: water quality at the footbridge and in the sea just north of the river mouth.
- The New Zealand Drought Monitor.
- Horowhenua District Council — our local council.
- Horizons Regional Council — our Regional Council.
- Kapiti District Council: the boundary lies at the south end of Reay Mackay Grove.
- Greater Wellington Regional Council. Note: the boundary is marked with a post in the dunes approx 400 metres south of the south walkway to the beach off Reay Mackay Grove, and approx 600 metres north of the Waiorongomai Stream.
- Train to Wellington: The Capital Connection: Monday to Friday, departs Otaki approx 0713, arrives Otaki approx 1820, $19.50 each way or but a multi-trip ticket.
- Levin to Waikanae bus service (and other local routes).
- Bus to Wellington: Intercity
- Drivelive: current travel times between Levin & Wellington.
- Wellington region traffic cams, including Otaki.
- Paraparaumu airport
Food & drink
- Manakau Store: dairy, takeaways and ready made quality meals.
- Salt & Pepper Cafe at Ohau.
- Quarter Acre cafe at Manakau
- Aquagold Water Supply: based right here in Waikawa Beach. Fill your water tank.
- Waikawa Blueberries: Waikawa Blueberries is a Pick Your Own blueberry farm at 123 Waikawa Beach Road. Generally open during weekends 10 am – 4 pm during December, February, March and April. To check the weather and see if we are open text 021 712217.
- Woody’s Free Range Farm, North Manakau Road: Woody’s Free Range Farm is a 100% free range, rare breed pig farm. They sell high quality meat products such as bacon and sausages.
- Manna Milk, North Manakau Road: MannaMilk provides fresh, raw milk from our farm in Manakau.
- Te Hekenga; early days in Horowhenua, being the reminiscences of Mr. Rod. McDonald, published 1920s.
- Reminiscences of an old colonist, by Thomas Bevan, 1908.
- Bitter Water — a book about the history of Waikawa Beach.
- Otaki Historical Society & Museum: Open 7 days per week, 10am – 2pm, Otaki Museum, 49 Main Street, Otaki.
- Manakau District Community Association: website of our sister community.
- Love Waikawa Beach community website.
- Love Waikawa Beach Twitter account.
- Waikawa Beach Community Page on Facebook — an active independent page for folks at Waikawa Beach.
- Waikawa Stream Community Catchment Project: kicked off in March 2019 and runs for three years. It’s about on the ground works and increasing community connection with waterbodies in the Waikawa catchment. Facilitated by the NZ Landcare Trust.