Weather & Water
- Waikawa Beach Weather: A private weather station at Waikawa which records and displays live weather data including a web cam. Has records from November 2008.
- Another private weather station at Waikawa Beach.
- Tidsespy: tides, wind, swell, best times for fishing.
- River water quality: Horizons District Council web site.
- Swim spot data over summer: water quality at the footbridge and in the sea just north of the river mouth.
- Horowhenua District Council — our local council.
- Horizons Regional Council — our Regional Council.
- Kapiti District Council: the boundary lies at the south end of Reay Mackay Grove.
- Greater Wellington Regional Council. Note: the boundary is marked with a post in the dunes approx 400 metres south of the south walkway to the beach off Reay Mackay Grove, and approx 600 metres north of the Waiorongomai Stream.
- Train to Wellington: The Capital Connection: Monday to Friday, departs Otaki approx 0713, arrives Otaki approx 1820, $19.50 each way or but a multi-trip ticket.
- Levin to Waikanae bus service (and other local routes).
- Bus to Wellington: Intercity
- Drivelive: current travel times between Levin & Wellington.
- Wellington region traffic cams, including Otaki.
- Paraparaumu airport
Food & drink
- Aquagold Water Supply: based right here in Waikawa Beach. Fill your tank.
- Woody’s Free Range Farm, North Manakau Road: Woody’s Free Range Farm is a 100% free range, rare breed pig farm. They sell high quality meat products such as bacon and sausages.
- Waikawa Blueberries: Waikawa Blueberries is a Pick Your Own blueberry farm at 123 Waikawa Beach Road. Generally open during weekends 10 am – 4 pm during December, February, March and April. To check the weather and see if we are open text 021 712217.
- Manna Milk, North Manakau Road: MannaMilk provides fresh, raw milk from our farm in Manakau.
- Te Hekenga; early days in Horowhenua, being the reminiscences of Mr. Rod. McDonald, published 1920s.
- Reminiscences of an old colonist, by Thomas Bevan, 1908.
- Bitter Water — a book about the history of Waikawa Beach.
- Otaki Historical Society & Museum: Open 7 days per week, 10am – 2pm, Otaki Museum, 49 Main Street, Otaki.
- Manakau District Community Association: website of our sister community.